Friday, October 9, 2009

Guide to Personal Freedom

Just yesterday, I noticed my friend Kristine's book on the table. She left her book at our place weeks ago. That girl. Maybe she didn't know where she'd forgotten it that's why she's not asking any of us about it or maybe she left it on purpose for me to read. Haha! She's so cute. (I love 'ya sista'!) I purposely didn't text her to remind her to pick it up because I thought the book was interesting and I wanted to read it (How mean. I know. She's probably going crazy looking for it. Well, I'm planning to return it to her tonight. M a text her after this blog. Promise. Nyahaha!). Whatever her reason is for leaving the book at my place, I'm sooo grateful that she did. It was providential. Thank you very very very much Kristine!

Anyway, the book is entitled, "The Four Agreements: A Practical Guide to Personal Freedom" written by Don Miguel Ruiz. Here, the author shares his wisdom on how to set one's self free, letting the person realize a beautiful way to live life. Don Ruiz believes that everything we believe in is an agreement and that a great majority of these agreements have been keeping us from living life to the fullest. Even Let me share you some insights:

The Four Agreements are:

1. Be impeccable with your word. This agreement tells us to speak only of truth and love avoiding the use of word to speak against yourself or other people. The truth is the only way. We must always side with the truth because nothing can argue with the truth. Your level of truthfulness determines your level of success. All the other agreements stem from this agreement.

2. Don't take anything personally. The 2nd agreement stresses that the world does not revolve around you. What people say or do is a projection of their own reality/dream that's why you should never take anything personally. Don Ruiz says, "When you are immune to the opinions and actions of others, you won't be the victim of needless suffering."

3. Don't make assumptions. This agreement tells us to always seek for the truth rather than to create what we want to believe to be the truth. Misunderstandings, dilemmas, and most problems arise from mis-communications and false expectations.

4. Always do your best. This last agreement tells us to always do our best in whatever circumstance we're at. By doing our best all the time, we make every other agreement a habit. It also teaches us to be forgiving of ourselves and to just do the best we can (no more no less) to be truly happy.

If I were you, I'd just read the book if I still haven't and be ever


GRATEFUL. ^_^


1 comment:

  1. she told me she left it on purpose. tsk tsk.

    hehe

    thank you very much Kristine!

    ReplyDelete